RefTeX with ESS and Sweave oddity...

Patrick Drechsler patrick.drechsler at gmx.net
Sat Sep 18 10:14:39 CEST 2004

Jeff D. Hamann wrote on 19 Jun 2004 19:38:03 MET:

[...]
> and I've notice when I try to use RefTex in an Rnw file, the
> behaviour is a little off.

I have a similar problem trying to insert references. Here's a
short Rnw file:

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
some text\ldots

\begin{figure}[htbp]
  \centering
@
<<foo, fig=TRUE>>=
foo <- 1:10
bar <- sin(foo)
plot(foo,bar)
@ %def
  \caption{testfunction}
  \label{fig:foobar}
\end{figure}

some more text.
\end{document}
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

Hitting `C-c ) SPACE' after "some more text" opens the `RefTeX
Select' buffer correctly. But it's empty. I've also tried
reparsing and even closing and reopening emacs. Inserting a
reference in this manner in the resulting tex file works fine.

My ~/.emacs settings are copied directly from the instructions
of the Sweave docu.

Emacs: GNU Emacs 21.3.50.6 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d
scroll bars) of 2004-09-07 on trurl
ess-mode 5.2.2
AUCTeX 11.53
reftex-version 4.19

TIA,

Patrick
--
The shortest unit of time in the universe is the New York Second,
defined as the period of time between the traffic lights turning green