[ESS] Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'

Kelly Hildner Kelly.Hildner at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 29 23:56:52 CEST 2004

I am trying to run ESS with Xemacs 21.4.13 and R 2.0.0 using Professor
John Fox's instructions and init.el file (see
http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Books/Companion/ESS/index.html).

I get the following error message when I start Xemacs:

----------------------

(1) (initialization/error) An error has occurred while loading
c:\Documents and Settings\kellyh\.xemacs\init.el:

Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the cause of the
error
in your initialization file and remove it.  Use the `-debug-init' option
to XEmacs to view a complete error backtrace.

Can anyone help me?  I am new to these packages, so please be explicit
with any advice.

Thanks,
Kelly

--