[ESS] Is ess supposed to help with Sweave documents?

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 28 13:38:39 CEST 2004

 > I have no idea how I found it (and perhaps this is a
 > better way to do what I did with it) but it seems to
 > be in cl-seq.el which is a part of common lisp (I
 > think). Here's something about it:

David - can you confirm what version of Emacs you run?  I think Martin
said search is not in Emacs 21.3; I run Emacs 21.3.50 CVS and find it
also in cl-seq.el

 search is an autoloaded Lisp function in `cl-seq'.

So, at a first pass, Paul, you may need to upgrade to CVS of Emacs to
test this, but we should have a longer term solution that does not
rely on search (until Emacs 21.4 is released, which probably won't happen
this year.)

Stephen