[ESS] Is ess supposed to help with Sweave documents?

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Wed Oct 27 23:29:26 CEST 2004

Thanks! The functions mentioned in that email have the promise to do
just what I want.  I  tucked them into my ~/.emacs and changed my Sweave
file name to doc.Rnw.

The first function, which sends the thing to R and runs Swaeave, does work.

However, when I try the next step, the emacs status bar says the error is:

substring: Symbol's function definition is void: search

Does this mean that Dave's script assumes access to a function called
search that I do not have, or does it mean I have search and it is
failing. I'm sorry to be so elementary...  Thanks in advance for the help.

pj

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504