[ESS] TclTk problems with tkentry()/limmaGUI under XEmacs/ESS

Dr Mike Waters michael.waters at dtn.ntl.com
Tue Nov 30 21:48:10 CET 2004

Andreas,

It seems that you have an incomplete i/o operation there, which is cleared
by the second launch operation.

You can try RamDebugger and its command: Debug->Break
http://gid.cimne.upc.es/RamDebugger/RamDebugger_toc.html

Or you could do what Jeff Hobbs at Activestate suggested to someone with a
similar type problem:

"I would recommend 2 things - better trace output (yes: puts)
during program execution (optionally), or something more like
tkinspect / TDK Inspector. You can see how this app works here:
   http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/Tcl_Dev_Kit/Inspector.html

This will work assuming the "hang" is something stuck at a vwait
or similar problem, not a complete hang of the interpreter. "

HTH

Regards