[ESS] ESS speedbar (how to remove)?

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 6 19:27:16 CET 2004

 > This is more of an emacs question but... how do I get ess to automatically
 > start in a new frame?
 >
 > I.e. I usually run ess with M-x R, then open a frame with C-x 2, then flip
 > buffers until every thing is nice again.
 >
 > I would like to just open a .R file, type M-x R and be away (with a new
 > ess frame below the .R file).

 > P.S. I will add your answer to
 > http://fawn.unibw-hamburg.de/cgi-bin/Rwiki.pl?EssFaq

hi Dan,

This is a new feature added in ESS. 5.2.0

add the following to .emacs and restart emacs:
(setq inferior-ess-own-frame t)

That should work (but strangely doesn't for me right now on Emacs
21.3.50, will check out later.)

Stephen
   * ESS: Support for creating new window frames has been added to ESS.
     Inferior ESS processes can be created in dedicated frames by
     setting inferior-ess-own-frame to t.  ESS help buffers can also
     open in new frames; see the documentation for ess-help-own-frame
     for details.  (Thanks to Kevin Rodgers for contributing code.)