R/ dumping code to file

McClatchie, Sam (PIRSA-SARDI) mcclatchie.sam at saugov.sa.gov.au
Fri May 28 02:13:31 CEST 2004

Background:
OS: Linux Mandrake 9.1
release: R 1.9.0
editor: Xemacs 21.4
frontend: ESS 5.1.23
---------------------------------
Colleagues

In a previous installation of ESS under emacs (not xemacs) I had an option
that I want to replicate in my current installation. I would like to dump
the coding from my R-scripts to an ascii file when I compile the code using
^C-D. At present the code from my scripts is all in a .RData file, but this
can be inconvenient if something corrupts in that file. I think the option
was in one of the initialisation files (either a .emacs or one of the
perhaps in the ess-site.el file?).

My earlier configuration produced an /R-src directory with text files for
each script (user.filename.R) that could readily be reloaded in the event of
corruption of .R-data, and can  be searched with grep, or whatever.

Help, much appreciated,

Sam
----
Sam McClatchie,
Sub-program leader, Pelagic Fisheries
South Australian Aquatic Sciences Centre
PO Box 120, Henley Beach 5022
Adelaide, South Australia
email <mcclatchie.sam at saugov.sa.gov.au>
Telephone: (61-8) 8200 2448