Installing ESS 5.2.0 in XEmacs

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Mon May 24 17:09:56 CEST 2004

"Andersson, Henrik" <H.Andersson at nioo.knaw.nl> writes:

> Quoting http://www.analytics.washington.edu/statcomp/projects/ess/
>
> "ESS is now part of the XEmacs package repository. The 5.2.0 version
> will be uploaded this coming weekend. Installation may be as simple as
> using the package tools commands to download and install. May Be is the
> operative word. "
>
> I'm happily using Xemacs in combination with ESS + R since a few months.
> So I'm not an emacs guru but I have managed to update packages via the
> menus Tools>Internet and so on.
>
> So why can't I get the latest version, is it not uploaded to the Xemacs
> site yet ?

No it's not.   I had to deal with both a BioC release as well as a bit
with the XEmacs release.  I've also got a day-job that occassionally
demands attention.

I've passed the hat to one of my fellow ESS maintainers, and we are
getting him set up to commit, but it's not as simple as one might
want, to work out of 2 repositories.

I.e. it's been delayed a bit.

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}