is it possible to display plots in an emacs buffer?

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Fri May 21 15:52:12 CEST 2004

Stephen is correct -- we played with the idea of inserting figures
(AucTeX will do it for \includegraphics if the LaTeX is written
properly) but then, other than "coolness", is why?

One possible workflow, in the context of editing Sweave documents, was
to provide just that, a small screenshot of what the figure would be
(just like AucTeX does).  But it's usually too small for real data
analysis (I expand my graphics displays full screen more often than
shrinking them down).

If you can describe a few valid use-cases with plus/minus reasons,
that would be useful for us to decide whether its worth the coding
time...

If someone supplies a patch, then it is :-).

best,
-tony