Behavior of C-c C-n

Stephen Eglen stephen at anc.ed.ac.uk
Wed May 19 12:17:22 CEST 2004

Richard M. Heiberger writes:
 > it looks like the variable
 >
 > comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-output
 >
 > didn't get set when we moved R to its own frame.
 >
 > For a temporary fix, from the *R* buffer, enter
 >     M-x : (setq comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-output t)

To follow up on Rich's email, and on my earlier emails, I think the
temporary fix for the problem of not seeing the end of R output is
to add this to the end of your .emacs:

(setq comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-output t)

[The reason I couldn't repeat this bug is that I had this in my .emacs
file!]

This is mentioned in the ess info file, but I thought this would be
unneccessary; and presumably if ESS 5.1.24 worked for others without
setting this extra var, I did introduce a bug somewhere, and will look
into this.

Stephen