ESS: ess-retr-lastvalue-command bug fix in 5.2.0beta4

David Brahm brahm at alum.mit.edu
Fri Mar 5 00:37:58 CET 2004

Stephen Eglen <stephen at inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> We are nearly ready to release Emacs Speaks Statistics (ESS) version 5.2.

Thanks for including my fix for the bug in ess-retr-lastvalue-command, which I
reported on 11/15/01, 2/26/02, and 8/5/03.  The new code is lines 71-72 of
essd-r.el (and the old version is commented out in lines 73-74).  I notice
there is no mention of this bug fix in the README.

As has been noted before, this will break if R-Core ever decides to disallow
writing to package:base.
--
                              -- David Brahm (brahm at alum.mit.edu)