ess-create-object-name-db on Unix

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Jul 21 19:05:48 CEST 2004

gerald.jean at dgag.ca writes:

> Another little point, most user groups --- NT Emacs, S-news, R, ... ---
> have the name of the list as an identifier in the "Object" line of the
> messages, why doesn't ESS-Help do the same thing?  It would be easier to
> sort the "good stuff" through the zillions of spams.

Because we assume that you can sort on the "To" field without us
needing to add repetitive (and hence useless) bits to the header?

Any decent mail user agent will do that, the one I use (in Emacs, of
course :-) has done it since the mid 90's.  I've heard that even fancy
so-called modern ones do it, too.

best,
-tony

--
Anthony Rossini			    Research Associate Professor
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}