Removal of support for stat packages (Omegahat, Stata, others)

Brendan Halpin brendan.halpin at ul.ie
Fri Jan 30 16:39:39 CET 2004

I feel like one of very few users of Stata via ESS. I know e-lisp
but I'm reluctant to volunteer because I have only a superficial
knowledge of how ESS is supposed to work -- I use very little of
its functionality on a day to day basis.

It may be worth appealing for interest on the Stata mailing list.

Another issue for Stata is whether Emacs-based Stata users would be
better off in developing Emacs functionality that exploits Stata's
ability to link to any arbitrary editor as its "do-file editor".
This may be more the line Bill Rising's stata.el goes; I haven't
looked at it.

Brendan

--
Brendan Halpin,  Department of Sociology,  University of Limerick,  Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147 f +353-61-202569 h +353-61-390476; Room F2-025 x 3147