[ESS] what is font-lock-pre-idle-hook

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Fri Dec 17 19:05:07 CET 2004

It has nothing to do with the ESS R buffer. i.e it has something to do
with loading .R files only. So if I load a .R file and I edited outside
the buffer (e.g. through pico or something) I get the message.

shortest example:
touch temp.R
xemacs temp.R
ls > temp.R # in gnome-terminal or something and go back to xemacs
Mx revert-buffer

The error will appear. However this problem only appears rarely since you
only edit the file outside of xemacs rarely while you work in ESS. I
thought there is a simple solution, if not I do not think it is worth the
trouble

Jean,