debian unstable update and emacs looses R

Angel Lopez angel_lul at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 25 08:57:44 CEST 2004

I've updated my debian linux unstable this week. After the update
everything is fine except for emacs not being able to open an R session,
when I type M-x R , I get a [No match] reply in the minibuffer. R
installation is fine (i.e. typing R in bash starts R normally) and I've
also tried running emacs as root but the problem is still there.
Emacs version is 21.3.1
BTW with other programs (e.g. M-x maxima) works fine so it seems to be
an R only problem.

Any hints on where might be the solution.
Thanks,
Angel