Announcement: Martin Maechler is new ESS Project leader

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Mon Aug 23 12:33:50 CEST 2004

Along with the move of the primary repository and WWW home page, we
have also rearranged the roles within ESS Core.

Martin Maechler has graciously stepped in as project leader.  Martin
came on board at the same time as I did and has been responsible for
many contributions since.  The responsibilities of the project leader
have traditionally been to keep the systems design and coding styles
as close to best-practices as possible (for Emacs Lisp), and I'm sure
that Martin is up to the task.  The unofficial responsibilities have
been to maintain the revision control system as well as the WWW site,
which he has inherited from me, much in the same way that I did so
from David Smith back in 1995.  He will also be release manager until
we work out a secure and scalable solution for task.

Martin's other responsibilities include supervision of the revision
control system for another little known problem^H^H^H^Hject, the R
Project.

Thanks, Martin!

I'll around, but probably keeping an extremely low (nonexistent?)
profile from late September until sometime in the winter.  We'll see
how long it takes me to get personal internet access in Europe.

--
Anthony Rossini			    Research Associate Professor
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}