ESS in Windows: talk to rgui.exe?

Tim Hesterberg timh at insightful.com
Thu Apr 22 23:56:39 CEST 2004

I can't answer that question, but will chip in on a related topic.

My primary gripe with the combination of ESS and S+ was that I had to
choose between interacting with:
* the usual graphical interface version of S+,
  which has limited interaction with ESS
* Sqpe, which couldn't do graphics

The latest version of S+ adds graphics to Sqpe; do
	library(winjava)
	java.graph()
to get started.  I'm happy :-)

Your students could use the free student version of S+
	http://elms03.e-academy.com/splus

Tim

P.S.  If they have S+, they can use the resample library
and the "Bootstrap Methods and Permutation Tests" supplement
for intro stats; see
	www.insightful.com/Hesterberg/bootstrap