help: customizing ESS/xemacs to run R in windows98

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Oct 8 14:22:19 CEST 2003

Dear Filippo,

I'm sorry, but I don't have anything to add about the problems you're
experiencing on Win 98, except to say that I've run XEmacs/ESS successfully
on a Win 98 system.

With respect to closing rterm, I find that I have more success when I exit
via the File -> Exit R/XEmacs menu (which is why I put it there), but
perhaps you're already doing this and experiencing a problem anyway.

John