using ESS with Splus6.1 and stata on win2000

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at post.its.mcw.edu
Tue Mar 18 15:46:02 CET 2003

Which version of ESS are you using?

>Hi
>
>I just install Xemacs21.4.11 for working with R,Splus6.1 and stata.
>
>I follow the advice of  Fox and the Xemacs works fine with R. But when I try to
start splus within Xemacs, it fails with the following message:
>"Symbol's function definition is void: w32-short-file-name"
>I think the path is correct because there are no problem with "M-x Sqpe".
>What's problem?
>And how to use ESS with stata?
>Any suggestion is welcome!

Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research
rsparapa at mcw.edu              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
Was 'Name That Tune' rigged?  WWLD -- What Would Lombardi Do