where should i increase ess-loop-timeout

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Mon Jul 28 20:20:41 CEST 2003

Alejandro Muñoz del Río <munoz at stat.wisc.edu> writes:

> i have a new machine and need to increase the value of
> ess-loop-timeout (default: 5x10^5). "C-h v" tells me it can be
> customized, and that it is defined in
> pathtoESS/lisp/ess-cust.el. however, when i increase its value in
> that file, "C-h v" still reports the old value. where should i
> assign the new, larger value? any suggestion on what might be a
> sensible value?

Quick (possibly wrong) thought: Try adding a (setq )  line to ess-site.el ?

best,
-tony

A.J. Rossini  /  rossini at u.washington.edu  /  rossini at scharp.org
http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ UNTIL IT MOVES IN JULY.
Biomedical and Health Informatics, University of Washington
Biostatistics, HVTN/SCHARP, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
FHCRC: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}