repeating previous command

bb2 at duke.edu bb2 at duke.edu
Thu Jul 17 17:12:07 CEST 2003

Hello All,

I was wondering if there is  way of cycling through a list of
previously repeated commands in order to avoid having to retype them.
If I open R outside of Xemacs, then the up or down arrows accomplish
this.  Once I'm in the Xemacs environment with ESS (the iESS R
window), the same up or down arrow simply moves my cursor within the
R buffer.  How can I can I scroll through previous commands inside of
the iESS window?

A more general problem...I would like to avoid emailing this list
with such trivial questions, but I am stumped as to how to find these
answers without doing so.  There does not seem to be a searchable
archive of previously emailed questions or a user manual that I have
found with this level of detail (where I could look up keywords such
as history, previous command, etc).

Thanks again for your help,
Brian