HTML Help

bb2 at duke.edu bb2 at duke.edu
Thu Jul 10 17:56:27 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm using ESS with Xemacs in the Mac OSX environment (installed using
fink).  I would like to be able to access the R HTML help in a
separate web browser.  John Fox gives an excellent introduction to
the use of R and ESS in the windows environment where he describes
how to set this up by modifying the Rprofile file in ...\R\etc to
uncomment the line
options(htmlhelp=True) and help.start().

I can't seem to find any such Rprofile file in my non-Windows version of R.

How do I set up R help to appear in a separate webbrowser in the
ESS-R environment on Mac OSX?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Brian