Syntax highlighting in R (1.6.1) files autoloaded in Emacs (21.2) from desktop

Stephen Eglen eglen at pcg.wustl.edu
Wed Feb 12 21:29:28 CET 2003

As well as what Tony said, could it also be that in your init file,
the code to load up the desktop comes before the ESS initialisation
code?

i.e. what happens if you do

% emacs -q

+ then load up the ESS code (require 'ess-site)
+ then load up your desktop?  (Also, what desktop facility within emacs
  are you refering to?  desktop.el?

stephen