problems with ess, xemacs on win32

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Feb 12 18:00:26 CET 2003

Serge Boiko <boiko at demogr.mpg.de> writes:

> Hi there;
>
> I have the following problem --- Xemacs cannot
> correctly parse a path to file when I load it.
>
> I have the following error, reported by Xemacs:
>
> from  ess-parse-errors:
> Error in file(file, "r") : cannot open file
> `u:US-mortalityjuttalexible.r
> While the correct file path should be:
> u:\US-mortality\jutta\flexible.r
>
> I tried to specify path using double slashes (\\) or using / but it
> had no effect.
>
> Any ideas? Many thanks for your help.
> Please reply to my address, I'm not subscribed to the mailing list.

What operating system?  Which version?

Which version of R?

Which version of XEmacs?

Which version of ESS?

What keystrokes did you enter to generate this error?  (I've never
seen this happen, so please provide as much detail as possible).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini at u.washington.edu
FHCRC/SCHARP/HIV Vaccine Trials Net	rossini at scharp.org
-------------- http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ ----------------
FHCRC: M: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW:   Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX
(my tuesday/wednesday/friday locations are completely unpredictable.)