default option for submitting code to the same process without any questions?

john.gavin at ubs.com john.gavin at ubs.com
Tue Aug 5 12:24:45 CEST 2003

Hi,

When using R and Sweave, I normally have only one R process running.
Each time the cursor moves to a new chunk of code,
the first submission (e.g. C-c C-n) results in the question

'Process to load into: R'

and I have to hit return before that first line is submitted.
Is there some way to avoid having to hit return
each time I move to a new code chunk?
i.e. once a process is selected
(R in my case as I rarely code in anything else),
I want ESS to resubmit to that process
without repeatedly asking me the same question.

I am on R 1.7.1, ess 5.1.24, XEmacs 21.4 and XP.

Regards,

John.

John Gavin <john.gavin at ubs.com>,
Quantitative Risk Models and Statistics,
UBS Investment Bank, 6th floor,
100 Liverpool St., London EC2M 2RH, UK.
Phone +44 (0) 207 567 4289
Fax   +44 (0) 207 568 5352

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

This message contains confidential information and is intend...{{dropped}}