[BioC] liimma and Across Array Normalisation

Saket Choudhary saketkc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 18:51:26 CET 2014

Hello Gordon,

I had a chance to go through the paper. I have a set of negative and
positive controls, arising out of single channel Genepix platform.
>From what I could gather, 'nec' method in limma performs
backgroundcorrection using these negative control spots.

However one of the inputs to 'nec' is also "detection.p", which the
.gprs don't have.

I could simply take a mean of all the negative controls E and Eb, and
subtract it from each probe's E&Eb, doing it for all the arrays. Would
this mimic what I want to acheive with the 'nec' function?

Saket