[Bioc-sig-seq] rtracklayer BUG!? import.bed pastes/prefixes 'chr' during import of SOME records

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Thu Jun 9 14:44:30 CEST 2011

Michael,

Thanks for those changes.  They work for me now as hoped/expected.  Great!

I am using R version 2.13.0, biocLite version 2.8.4 which installs Bioconductor version 2.8 packages, which of course does not include rtracklayer 1.13.3

The following worked to install, but I wonder if you advise against it:

> svn co https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/rtracklayer
> export  _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_=false
# so as to avoid: Packages required but not available:  humanStemCell BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19
> R CMD CHECK rtracklayer
> R CMD INSTALL rtracklayer

Being new to R/Bioconductor, I am not (yet?) in the practice of running the development R to pick up changes to development Bioconductor packages such as this, and am a bit of a novice at R package management.

Thanks for any advice, and again, thanks for rtracklayer.

By the way, I noticed others on the mailing list who were stymied in trying to reproduce an older vignette.  Drat for them - I feel their pain.  However, I do think you made the right decision for the tool.  I hope you can stick to it!

Cheers,

~Malcolm