[Bioc-sig-seq] error msg from edgeR estimateCRDisp

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Jan 3 04:36:52 CET 2011

Dear Kirsten,

The error is arising in mglmOneGroup.  I have just updated the relevant,
code in edgeR version 2.0.3.  Can you try it and see if you get the same
error?

With regard to the warning message, I can't think of any reason why edgeR
would evaluate the Poisson density at a non-integer value if you have
provided integer values.  Have you checked that you have provided strictly
integer counts?  Try

   data$counts <- round(data$counts)
   data.cd = estimateCRDisp(data, design)

to see if it makes any difference.  If it does, then the data you entered
are not all integers.

We are planning to revise estimateCRDisp() quite a bit during the next
month or so.

Best wishes
Gordon