[Bioc-sig-seq] trimLRPatterns for wild card

Harris A. Jaffee hj at jhu.edu
Thu Sep 23 20:01:55 CEST 2010

You need to set 'Rfixed' to either FALSE or "subject":

	trimLRPatterns(Rpattern=p, subject=a, Rfixed=FALSE)

	trimLRPatterns(Rpattern=p, subject=a, Rfixed="subject")

See ?matchPattern and ?`lowlevel-matching`.

By the way, your pattern did not have to be a DNAString.  "CCNNT"
would have been fine.  But the ambiguity machinery with regard to
the subject requires that it be an RNA- or DNAString.

-Harris