[Bioc-sig-seq] how to access the "unique" function in IRanges

Kunbin Qu KQu at genomichealth.com
Wed Nov 3 18:25:27 CET 2010

Steve, here is a simple example on what I'd like to do: I want to eliminate the duplicated IRanges from the IRanges list. R-2.9.2 seems to have the "unique" function visible to the end user, but not the R-2.11.0 version which has all our current installation:

> x <- IRanges(start=c(20L, 8L, 20L, 22L), width=c(5L, 3L, 5L, 2L))
IRanges object:
    start end width
[1]    20  24     5
[2]     8  10     3
[3]    20  24     5
[4]    22  23     2
> unique(x)
IRanges object:
    start end width
[1]    20  24     5
[2]     8  10     3
[3]    22  23     2
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.2 (2009-08-24)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] ShortRead_1.2.1    lattice_0.17-26    BSgenome_1.12.5    Biostrings_2.12.10
[5] IRanges_1.2.3

[1] Biobase_2.4.1 grid_2.9.2    hwriter_1.2   tools_2.9.2