[Bioc-sig-seq] Overlap of multiple RangedData instances.

Ivan Gregoretti ivangreg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 21:55:17 CET 2010

Hi Michael,

I think that I expressed myself too ambiguously.

I am looking for the multiple intersection. That is, I am looking for
the ranges in A that are even minimally overlapped by ranges in ALL
the rest of the RangesData instances. A super-dee-duper intersection.

The union() operation would be finding overlaps with ANY of the rest
of the RangesData.

At the moment, like Karl, I am evading the problem by dint of shameful
for loops.

Do you think that there is a more elegant way?

Thanks

Ivan

Ivan Gregoretti, PhD
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
National Institutes of Health
5 Memorial Dr, Building 5, Room 205.
Bethesda, MD 20892. USA.
Phone: 1-301-496-1592