[Bioc-sig-seq] aggregating a RangedData over an IRanges object

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Tue Jul 14 02:09:10 CEST 2009

Simon,
There is a coverage function for RangedData objects you can use. From
there you can calculate the exon AUCs using the viewSums function.

 > suppressMessages(library(IRanges))
 > v3 <- RangedData(IRanges(start = c(1, 4, 6), width=c(3, 2, 4)),
+                  score = c(2, 7, 3))
 > mycoverage <- coverage(v3, weight = lapply(values(v3), "[[", "score"))
 > mycoverage
SimpleRleList: 1 element
 > mycoverage[[1]]
  'integer' Rle instance of length 9 with 3 runs
  Lengths:  3 2 4
  Values :  2 7 3
 > myexons <- IRangesList(IRanges(start = c(2, 6), end = c(4, 8)))
 > coverageAUC <- lapply(seq_len(length(mycoverage)),
+     function(i) viewSums(Views(mycoverage[[i]], myexons[[i]])))
 > coverageAUC
[[1]]
[1] 11  9
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.0 Under development (unstable) (2009-06-28 r48863)
i386-apple-darwin9.7.0

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] IRanges_1.3.34

Patrick