[Bioc-sig-seq] How to graphical represent different views on a reference genomic sequence

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Tue Aug 4 09:58:41 CEST 2009

Purna,
Are you looking to visualize the letters or the locations? If its the
locations your after, you might want to look to see what rtracklayer
(genome browser integration), GenomeGraphs (plots genomic information
from Ensembl) and HilbertVis (maps 1d vector into 2d space for better
understanding of spatial relationships) have to offer. Their respective
vignettes are at

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.5/bioc/vignettes/rtracklayer/inst/doc/rtracklayer.pdf
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.5/bioc/vignettes/GenomeGraphs/inst/doc/GenomeGraphs.pdf
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.5/bioc/vignettes/HilbertVis/inst/doc/HilbertVis.pdf

You may need help getting your data into a form to feed into a graph
that interests you. If so, make sure you provide specifics like your R
sessionInfo(), the reference genome you are using, and any other
information that can help others help you.

Patrick