[Bioc-devel] Mentored Projects at Bioconductor

Paul Shannon pshannon at fhcrc.org
Fri Aug 31 15:20:34 CEST 2012

Dear Bioc-devel,

We announce a new feature of the Bioconductor web site, "Mentored Projects".  The web page is

  http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/mentored-projects

with this overview:

  Developers new to Bioconductor may find mentored projects a useful way to apply,
  refine and extend their skills. Projects are identified by experienced
  Bioconductor developers. The projects involve important but manageable programming
  tasks. Experienced developers act as mentors, providing guidance and oversight.
  Successful mentored projects will be incorporated into relevant packages to benefit
  contributors users, and the Bioconductor project as a whole.

We welcome your comments on this plan, and on the web page, before we announce to the full Bioconductor list.  We especially welcome additional project proposals, and suggestions on how to make these projects successful for all concerned.

 - Paul